Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Likeness Sculpting Portrait : Ben Kingsley [DONE]

raychung1122
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
raychung1122 polycounter lvl 5
Hi Guys, recently i have been working on likeness sculpting , C/C are welcome , i need it to improve more =DD thx

Replies

• raychung1122
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

After feedback from people , here is my updated version

C/C are welcome

• AnteArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnteArt polycounter lvl 2
    Hello Raychung, going good so far. 
    What I see could be tweaked a bit more to get the likeness even better would be to reduce the width of the nose all along the nose, and that wrinkle on glabella should be less exaggarated. His eye bags, his left eye bag (from our perspective, so its his right eye) needs a bit more "bubbleness", give it more roundness, fat tissue there is big on this guy I guess. His right eybag (again, from our perspective) also needs that bubbleness and at the inner corner of the eye it needs to be pushed in along the line. Push his ears a bit more inwards so his zygomatic bone is more pronounced. Maybe push it outward a bit as well... His cheeks seem "fatter", rounder as well on that big wrinkle line that goes from his nose to sides of his lips (idk the name of that, above the maxilla). His ears are too big, push them up a bit, that soft part of the ear is stretched, push it up, see where the end of his ear lines up with the nose on front view and do that on your sculpt. 
    I would also say maybe push the end of his jaw in a bit and make his neck more narrow I guess.
    About the silhouette, the corner of his head on right side (our right side) seems too round. 
    His lower lip is strange as well, on the front and side pic of it he has that expression where he is pressing his lips against one another and with yours it seems like.. He has like a big lower lip.

I was comparing only front sides so I might be wrong on some points, but you will be able to check that out, I just gave you the idea of where to look :)
    Keep it up, going good!
  • raychung1122
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @AnteArt thank you so much for the feedback, it really help me a lot , appreciate it ! thx
  • AnteArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnteArt polycounter lvl 2
    Hey man, no problem, looking forward to seeing your progress!
  • raychung1122
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    after feedback from other =D here is final refine . 

• raychung1122
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i did a early test in the shader part of skin, i'm trying my best to push to realize skin shader .

C/C are welcome, i need it to improve my work, thank you so much.

• raychung1122
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Ben Kingsley - Portrait Study Final

model in : Zbrush/Maya
    Texture in : Mari
    Render in : Vray
    Comp in : Photoshop