Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Trials of the Chosen Undead - A Dark Souls project - 31 pieces

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Xavi polycounter lvl 18
As part of Inktober, I posted these in the relevant thread Polycount a while back and people seemed to like them so I figured Id share it with the rest of the forum :)

I drew these as a sort of travelling journal for the main hero of the game, as if he was taking some time between resting dying at bonfires to sketch out what he had seen in his journey, sometimes his memory is not totally accurate, but thats part of the fun!

I could do some text for each one, but its fun to see them all at once and see if anything resonates with you from the time you played

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately? I only had enough time to get to Anor Londo. Id like to see if I get enough support to try launching a Patreon or KS and really get to expand upon the project. Have more areas more exploration, some guest writers, that type of thing, but time will tell.

On the technical side, these were done fairly quickly, between 40 minutes to two hours each (for anything in color, thats another 2 to three hours) Mostly inked over a very light pencil sketch, inktober is for practicing your inking, after all!

I am planning to do this kind of project again with other games, so if thats something that sounds cool to you lemme know or check me out on twitter or tumblr :)