Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast of Compassion

null
Offline / Send Message
bmv2011 null
Here's my first entry into any 3d competition. I'll post sketches and progress of my work as I go. Just learning zbrush and Substance Painter and Designer at the moment and thought, what a great way to learn. Here goes nothing  :)  .

The Backstory

Somehow conceived between Orc and Human, this creature, without name or birthright has struggled alone between the two opposing cultures. Despised as a a weakling by his Orc brothers and feared and hated by his Human 'allies', he has learned to fend for himself. He is now living alone. 

Sometimes his Orc hatred of the Human erupts and makes him do bad things - very bad things. Afterwards, his Human side surfaces and reflects on what he has done. This causes enormous inner turmoil and guilt. But what can he do?  

The Scene 

We see him here in his lair, only recently returned from visiting a Human camp. He has been lucky this time, with only a few blade wounds. He has found an old piece of polished metal, perhaps from a shield, and is staring into it, seeing his reflection. We can see that he is horrified at what he has become. He can barely look. Deep down he knows what he has done, but again, what is he to do? He must fulfill his Orc heritage.

Here's some reference images. I'll be uploading some sketches soon.

Replies