Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Is This The Problem..?

Hiya there! When installing Quixel, I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Redist. error saying it won't install because it is already installed on my computer. After checking the log file, it says it won't install because a newer version is already on my computer (which one is). Should I uninstall the newer ones so I can install this Quixel one..? Because right now, every time I press on a button on that little Quixel bar the whole thing freezes up, and can't do anything. Thank youuu :D

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Do you already have the base Suite installed, Theestuk? :smile: 
  • TheeStuK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoops it was my fault actually.  I set Quixel to the wrong Photoshop exe path. Oh and hey, while I'm at it, there's this 3DO bug (it happens to more people than just me I'm sure) where it says "failed to switch resolutions, all resolutions failed" and it will close. I found a fix. Tell them to set their screen resolution to 1024x768 BEFORE opening 3DO. They can change back to their normal resolution once inside, and can use their resolution with 3DO then. Hope I helped :smiley: 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Sure thing! I actually discovered that fix myself back in the beta of the Suite, but it's good to see it works for a variety of people too - so thank you for reporting it! :smiley: