Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel Suite getting slower and slower?

Abracadaniel
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Abracadaniel polycounter lvl 2
Is it just me or does the suite gets slower and slower the more you use it? I don't remember these long map creating times and photoshop saving large psbs all the time when I just got the suite. Is there any way to speed up the suite/photoshop? I have about 60 gbs available on my ssd and it usually goes down to about 12 gb when  I have been working 1 hour or so on a simple weapon texturing project. I tried using ccleaner and while it clears up all the temp files, project opening, saving, map creating, preset browsing all seems very slow compared to earlier versions or about the time I got 2.0.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Daniel, could you please list your system specifications for us? Also, how many mesh groups are in your project? How large are your textures in resolution?
  • Abracadaniel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mesh group is 4. Working in 4k.
    Model is for the game Rust:
    http://i.imgur.com/L23PMeW.png

Operating System
        Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
        Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz
        Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
        32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz
    Motherboard
        ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VI EXTREME (SOCKET 1150)
    Graphics
        CMC 22 W (1680x1050@59Hz)
        MD 20094 (1920x1200@59Hz)
        3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    Storage
        232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)
        2794GB Seagate ST3000VN000-1H4167 (SATA)

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    First, try setting your Photoshop history states to 20 or fewer. Ensure that you're working with 8-bit textures instead of 16-bit.

It's also worth noting that you're using four mesh groups at 4k - that's a minimum of 16 textures. At 4k res with the number of layers that dDo uses, that's a lot even for a 32 GB system. I would recommend combining the model into fewer mesh groups in the future if you're using one material for this model in-game, otherwise you'll need to combine the maps manually. Or does the game you're working with allow for multiple 4k materials on a single object?
  • Abracadaniel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First, try setting your Photoshop history states to 20 or fewer. Ensure that you're working with 8-bit textures instead of 16-bit.

It's also worth noting that you're using four mesh groups at 4k - that's a minimum of 16 textures. At 4k res with the number of layers that dDo uses, that's a lot even for a 32 GB system. I would recommend combining the model into fewer mesh groups in the future if you're using one material for this model in-game, otherwise you'll need to combine the maps manually. Or does the game you're working with allow for multiple 4k materials on a single object?
    My projects are usually 8-bit. But I will try the history state, Also noted that turning off 3DO and turning off post process sometimes helps a little. The model is used in unity and yes it alwasy multiple materials, and because it's for the steam workshop I can't change the model anyway. I guess I can change the Res to 2k :)