Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's the Beast

The Beast: Woodland Lurker

JpegJordaan
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
JpegJordaan polycounter lvl 8
That scene from the Disney movie where Belle's father's horse and cart goes through the dark woods always stuck with me and I love fauna/flora designs so going to a Male character who has been consumed by the forest, inheriting aspects of both its flora and fauna - thought only to be a story to scare children...

I'm from South Africa and grew up on movies where the woods were shrouded in mystery. We don't have woods like you see in the movies so its always been intriguing for me :)

another idea is to have a female that is in herself the beauty and the beast. Like an inner beast conflict with in herself. Will see how i feel and what concepts can bash out and decide.

Replies

• JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

BACKSTORY:

In a time long forgotten -much as he was about to be-  a man hunted in a dark forest for any signs of life. Life he would snuff out in order to provide for his beautiful wife and little girl. A loud crack ricocheted through the dark trees. His snare had sprung, trapping a hare in its grasp. He stared mercilessly into the hare’s glistening, pleading eyes and with a flick of his wrist a sharp crack echoed through the darkness. The forest flinched. He placed his kill alongside another on his belt and made tracks for home, shrugging off the eery feeling that the woods were alive as a trick his fatigued mind was playing on him. He would never make it out of those woods. He wandered around in the dark, lost, sure that the forest was toying with him, herding him, tricking him. He finally stumbled into a clearing that was dappled with moonlight and filled with a horde of creatures, there to judge his ruthless actions against them and their forested home. An ethereal being came forward and declared judgment: he was cursed to forever remain in the woods, cursed to never again hold the love of his life and bound to act as guardian of their forest. Bound to protect that which he once had plundered. Despair and loneliness soon overwhelmed him as he missed dearly that which he once took for granted. He was forced to watch his wife wither away and his daughter come of age and give life to her own children, something of which he would never be a part.

To this day he protects both the fauna and flora of the forest and watches over his long lost daughter from afar, taking nothing for granted and considered only a legend, a myth, a story to scare children...

• JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have been busy with trying to find work and moving. things settled down so grafting hard to get as close to done as i can. 

My weekend progress:
    start mesh from spheres

started on the head

got the head looking more like what i wanted

took the body further

• JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cant figure out how the hell to get images to show.. img tags done work and trying to upload to polycount just doesnt do anything... ??
  • Vachyre
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vachyre polycounter lvl 7

Click what looks like a new page button and past your 'direct link' from imgur there.
    It should then display instantly while you're still drafting your message.
  • JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks - Turns out Ghostery was blocking the function
  • JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    worked on the foot as a  separate tool building it from bones up since i had issues doing it straight on the body 

• JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    started putting it all together

• JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • JpegJordaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message