Home Unity

Automatic road makers vs Manual ones

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
D4N005H polycounter lvl 6
Hello. Do you guys know Unity3D Road Systems? Have you ever had an experience with those systems in Unity3D? Is it possible to make realistic roads with? If yes, which road system asset or plug-in have you used for it?

Replies

• D4N005H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4N005H polycounter lvl 6
    Well I guess I've used an irrelevant title and no one answers or maybe no one used road systems here, anyways I'm not using a road asset for Unity3D but if you do, please discuss about it here.
  • Autarkis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autarkis polycounter lvl 8
    I've tried a couple in the asset store that apparently are not there anymore, the only one that I've tried that's still being sold and apparently worked on is easyroads3d pro, which was very easy to use and generated a pretty good layout. However, had to dump it because it was ungodly slow on several machines we tested it on (due to some conflict somewhere in our project, and while the author wanted to help out, we couldn't send him a package containing our project, BUT it worked fine in a clean project (it was in the beta days of Unity 5.0)
    The author has a free version available, I'd recommend giving that a try and see how it works!