Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Color Map Question

Ingsoc75
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ingsoc75 polycounter lvl 5
Do I need to use the Quixel swatches to assign my mesh objects colors in Maya? 

I ask because I am using Vray for Maya and I find doing a Diffuse pass is much cleaner and easier than the transfer method. Unfortunately, I have to use Vray materials to achieve this.

When I bring everything into DDO and open up 3DO and hit the C key, it never gives me my colors, it's just black.

I'm using PS CC 2015 and Quxiel 2.10.

UPDATE: Initially I had 4 meshes with 6 colors for the IDs which gave me the problem I describe above. I then merged all the meshes in Maya and exported the OBJ. Now 3DO is displaying all the colors when I press the C key.

Could there be a bug with multiple meshes and color IDs?

Replies

• snake85027
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    Make sure you make a Color Map out of Maya or photoshop and then assign it when you start a DDO project. Sometimes the 3DO viewer doesnt show the Color ID, you just need to close it down and reopen it.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Ingsoc!

You don't need to use a specific color for any particular reason right now. In the future, the Quixel Colors plugin will allow assigning colors that link automatically for you, but for now, you can choose anything you want to use. :smile: 

Could you show us an image of this model with its associated mesh groups highlighted?