Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: vRay for Maya workflow

Maxmas
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Maxmas polycounter lvl 3
Is there going to be a Vray for Maya tutorial? I'm confused about some of the export maps. Once map are exported, you get Albedo, Gloss, normal and bump. Albedo is Diffuse, gloss is gloss, but normal and bump can't get togheter, unless using a VraybumpMtl. In that case which one is on top? Also, visually they don't look the same as 3DO.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter

This is an example of the setup used by some of our artists at Quixel. The bump map shouldn't exist unless you've created a Bump channel within the Suite. You can use nDo to convert the bump to normals and overlay that on your normal map to get both maps to work together, if you'd like. :smile: 

In regards to a tutorial, I believe there may be one in the future.
  • Ingsoc75
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ingsoc75 polycounter lvl 5

This is an example of the setup used by some of our artists at Quixel. The bump map shouldn't exist unless you've created a Bump channel within the Suite. You can use nDo to convert the bump to normals and overlay that on your normal map to get both maps to work together, if you'd like. :smile: 

In regards to a tutorial, I believe there may be one in the future.
    That would be helpful as most of my Quixel work is for technical models rendered with Vray Maya. :)
  • Maxmas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxmas polycounter lvl 3
    The confusion is caused by Ddo exporter. When you export to Vray sRGB, you get both a normal and a bump map. Anyway, most of the time, the bump map is only 50% gray flat, so I just skip it.
  • Ingsoc75
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ingsoc75 polycounter lvl 5
    Are any of you turning off "Use Fresnel" in the Vray material reflection attributes? It seems that the gloss and spec properties really show when this is disabled.