Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: How to increase UV padding for newly created smart materials?

Defonten
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Defonten polycounter lvl 7
Guys, any ideas on how to increase UV bleeding for newly created smart materials? For example currently in albedo map I have almost no UV bleeding (padding) which produces thin seam along uvs.. How to fix that and is it possible? 

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Defonten! Try editing that group via DynaMask - roll out the Material ID masking feature and you should have options to manipulate the mask to expand it. :smile: 
  • Defonten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Jonathan! Looks like I gave up searching for this option : ) Could you please make a screenshot of that window - where those options are?  : )
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter

Use the sliders to control the width of the mask to produce the padding you need. Let me know if that helps! :smile: 
  • Defonten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh those sliders, yes I tried them but they have almost no effect on the padding.. Can't make'em any wider no matter which slider I'm tweaking..
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Another solution is to ALT+LMB the mask for the layer group in Photoshop so the mask is visible. CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+N, ENTER, CTRL+V, then use the Magic Wand to select the white areas of your mask. Select -> Modify -> Expand -> X number of pixels -> Fill with white. Try to avoid filling over other areas of your model's UVs that aren't part of the original mask. You can always 3D paint overpainted parts of the model with this method, but it's faster to overlay your UVs to check first. :smile: 

To use this new mask:

CTRL+A, CTRL+C to select all and copy.
    Open DynaMask for the layer or group you'd like to mask, set it to black.
    Click Paint Mask in Photoshop - the paintbrush icon directly above Accept Mask.
    DynaMask will transfer to Photoshop - CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste in place, so your mask stays where it was created.
    Click Accept Mask, and repeat as needed.

• Defonten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great workaround Jonathan! Thanks a lot!