Home Technical Talk

Object selection in 3d Coat not working

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
PattyWhacker polycounter lvl 8
I was recommended to use this software by an instructor of mine for UV mapping. So far it has worked great in the past, however, now that I'm working on a different object, I cannot simply hover over a polygon and select entire geometrical islands. I'm wondering what would cause this error. If any of you have worked with 3d Coat and might have the slightest idea of what might be going on, please let me know.

Replies

• PattyWhacker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm also trying to unwrap the object. For some reason the entire program crashes when I do so. It's a relatively low poly count so I don't understand why it does this. It has a few triangles, but I'm not sure why that would cause the program to crash.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    That could happen if the obj has overlapping faces. If you're coming from Modo or Maya into 3D-Coat try doing a mesh cleanup first.
  • PattyWhacker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Actually I'm exporting a low poly mesh from zbrush. That could be the case though. I did notice that there were a few overlapping faces. Right now I'm just doing things the old fashion way with the use of Maya taking more time than it should to layout UV maps. I'll keep that in mind though, thanks.