Home General Discussion

Your favourite artbooks

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Shyralon polycounter lvl 11
Hi all,
just wanted to hear/talk a bit about your favourite artbooks, since I think they are great as an additional source of inspiration - atleast for me it feels much better to actually flip through a book of art than to look at artwork on your screen.
And it's always nice to discover new art :)
So what are your favourite artbooks/sketchbooks you would recommend and why do you like them?7

Here is my personal top 5 from the books I own:
- Kim Jung Gi Sketchbook. This guy is just insane and inspiration overload. Really glad to have one of these books, someday I have to get the other ones too. Quite expensive tho, but totally worth it

- Bioshock Infinite Artbook. I really liked the game and the unique designs. Also the artbook shows not only finished artwork, but a lot of brainstorming ideas and sketches, which is really nice.

- Tomb Raider Artbook (of the 2013 game). Just nice character and environment designs. Have to get the one for the new game someday.

- Mass Effect Artbook. Actually shows the development of a whole universe and a lot of background information.

- Blizzard Artbooks in general are really high quality. And feature the blizzard artstyle, which I like a lot.

Replies