Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Undertale Fanart Frisk

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Karellen polycounter lvl 2
Hello people, i just started a fanart of Undertale. 
I did the body and head on zbrush, everything else in Blender. 
For the clothing i tried using the cloth physic feature in blender to get a mesh i can then put on zbrush to clean and modify as needed, i believe marvelous designer has a similar workflow? 

Anyway, any feedback or critiques are very welcome! 

Replies

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    It's looking like an awesome interpretation of Frisk! I think the folds on the front of the pants look great, but the pockets are a little strange on the back. That's probably not too much trouble to fix in Zbrush if you're bringing it back there later on. Some of the folds on the back of the shirt and sleeves might also need a little work (the back shoulder area looks like it's a little bunched up), but that might actually be because of how baggy it is.

Totally a stylistic choice, but it might be cool to see how the baggy shirt would look if it wasn't tucked in to her pants. I'm looking forward to see how the character looks with some hair!
  • Karellen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @DGreenbergthank you! indeed i took the model to zbrush, gathered some reference and tried to correct those things you mentioned, specially the baggy area under the armpits and in the back. I hope it looks better now. I still need to work more on the shoes and the details of the sweater. 
    About the hair, i think im barely starting to understand how to render polygonal hair, so  dont expect much haha. 

So i worked on some basic textures to use them a a base in substance painter, and tried my best with the hair, im thinking about adding a secondary layer of hair for all the smaller strands of hair, and then maybe a third one to represent all those tiny hair strands only visible when light directly hits them. 

• Karellen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is another update, worked mainly on the hair, and some textures, though after taking the screenshots i noticed that i messed up the normal map of the shorts pretty badly, though i will get it fixed in the next update. 

• Karellen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another update, finished with Chara  and added Frisk to the party. 
    Now i will finish some textures that are still imcomplete or have errors, add some props and details and proceed to rig the characters. 

• Karellen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will call this one finished for now, i guess. Could polish it more, but already got all i wanted from this project. 
    So i started to learn how to animate facial expressions in blender and did a couple fake screenshots for fun. 

• Red_eyed_entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    do you still have this? and if so can I please download it.