Home Adobe Substance

Losing Texture Resolution on Unreal 4 import of substance

Hi,

I'm getting a strange issue where upon bringing my published substances into Unreal Engine I seem to selectively lose texture resolution only on certain parts of my texture map.

For example:

This is the texture in substance designer and it looks fine, when I export the bitmap directly from substance designer into a .tga or something it looks fine when I bring it into the editor

However when I bring it into Unreal engine through the published substance file, it looks like this..

This happens among all the maps, normal, albedo, roughness, metal

I'm just confused as to why some of it seems to be high detail and other parts of it are so pixelated. It's pretty much all generated procedurally within Substance...

Thanks for any thoughts/ideas!

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Make sure your .sbsar hasn't defaulted to a lower res: open your Mat instance(that was generated upon import) and make sure your output size is set accordingly.
  • oblomov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oblomov polycounter lvl 8
    Also, it could be due to rendering differences between the CPU engine (used in UE4) and the GPU engine used by default in Designer. Could you try and switch temporarily to the CPU engine in Designer (F9) to check if that gives you the same result as in UE4 ?