Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Export to Unity / Export in general not quite doing... anything. (2.1)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
vonpixel polycounter lvl 5
So Ive bee working on some stuff and have run into some issues.

The biggest being that the export doesnt seem to work right. When Im in 3do and finally have what I like, I hit the export button in the top left corner (is there a different to export that Im not seeing?) and get an export dialogue. When I enter in what I want and export it creates only 1 file for me, an Aldebo map. So no normal, no metalness etc..

So Ill manually export a metalness map + normal. The only problem here is the metalness maps basically always come out wrong because Quixel isn't baking the smoothness map into the Alpha channel like it should (right? Im just assuming here) for play with Unity's metalness workflow. Im exporting all my maps as PNGS and Ive set the project up to be 16 bit.

Does Quixel not bake the smoothness map into the Metalness alpha channel?

Its causing some head ache because Ive not only do I have to manually export maps for every channel, I now need manually seperate out the smoothness map (which Im sure im not getting everything I need to for it)- and combine it with the Metalness map for it to be right.

Its almost too much effort than its worth.

I know I must be doing something wrong here possibly.. or this is something that Quixel doesn't do (and Im sure it does because ive set the target to be Unity 5 Metalness).

Id really appreciate any help I could get! Many thanks!

Replies