Home Technical Talk

Average to Planar ?

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Just asking out of curiosity; is there a reason in needs to be so mathematically perfect?
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10

second funkyBunnies script:

FBpolyPlanarize.mel

fast and usually predictable results

• CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    I know some of you are loyal to the funkyBunnies script, I ask you to take the OBJ file attached in a previous post;and make the polygons in the mesh non-planar without moving them along an axis as the funkyBunnies script will do.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    While I was able to make individual polygons planar using @Funky Bunnies script, I couldn't get it to stay true as I continued through processing the other faces. It does a great job at making a given face planar to itself, or making a whole mesh planar to itself as a whole, or to an axis, but it really doesn't do a great job of making multiple faces planar to themselves.
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson said:
    While I was able to make individual polygons planar using @Funky Bunnies script, I couldn't get it to stay true as I continued through processing the other faces. It does a great job at making a given face planar to itself, or making a whole mesh planar to itself as a whole, or to an axis, but it really doesn't do a great job of making multiple faces planar to themselves.
    Stay True, as in the polygons retain their original angle  ?
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Original general shape. Not sure how to measure exact angles, but I'd guess they stayed the same, or at least didn't change more than a couple degrees. In fact, if it's working the way it's supposed to, the angles shouldn't change at all from the perspective of its "best plane" (which is the average angle of the face, in space)
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson said:
    Original general shape. Not sure how to measure exact angles, but I'd guess they stayed the same, or at least didn't change more than a couple degrees. In fact, if it's working the way it's supposed to, the angles shouldn't change at all from the perspective of its "best plane" (which is the average angle of the face, in space)
    The angles shouldn't change at all as you claim; but they are with the funkybunnies script regardless what option I toggle in the script, the exact angles are not retained.  I just tested for the forth time, and the angles are not being retained. :s  

You are using the OBJ I attached with one of my previous messages ?