Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Ideas for bachelor's thesis?

Hello! Im an animation student from Sweden that is about to start writing my thesis. The problem is that I can't decide what to wright about. I would like to have a subject that really deepens my knowledge of animation and makes me a better artist, and that would also contribute to the knowledge of other animators. It could be about technics or styles or programs or whatever! Maybe any of you have any ideas? Is it something you have thought about is missing when it comes to information or certain workflows or anything? Would be greatly appreciated! ^^

Replies

• Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    erm... Thesis for bachelors? I thought that was a thing for post grad degrees. It's a written thing? not an animation? as far as topic goes I think approaching animation from another discipline is most interesting? for example Analyzing cinematography/editing of an animation and study the interplay between the animation (pose, arc, timing, etc) and framing of each shot? nice example here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE.

or Environmentalims in animation, e.g. many of Miyazaki's movies..
    or Psychoanalysis of anime... most of anime is targeted for teenagers, prime ground for Freud/Jung type analysis. IMO.
    or visual/physical humor in animation... many Pixar films... or just about any american animation. Also good starting place for (english) language humor as american animation tend to have a lot of puns, subtext jokes, double entendre... Imgur is rife with those kinds of Meme gifs.
  • Beastmother
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh yeah I'm not sure what its called in your school system :smile: but I've bin attending this game development program at university, and now its my third year and im gonna wright a paper, and also do a practical part, so its both a written thing and an animation, or at least some practical work that describes or tests my work. It was a very interesting video and it surely is something I could look in to! Thanks for that! Ill try to keep the written to a minimum and focus on the animation as much as possible.