Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First successful 3D bust! Need critiques.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
KnobleKnives polycounter lvl 3
Good day, Polycount. New user here and I come in search of feedback. I just recently finished my first successful 3D bust and I'm pretty happy with it. I made it slightly asymmetrical to capture a more human look. 

Replies

• ninetitle
    Offline / Send Message
    ninetitle polycounter lvl 8
    The first thing that I noticed is the really sharp angle of the back of the neck, unless is intended of course.

• semajnothing
    For starters, don't use screenshots like that. And if you must then at least crop them. Its much better to export the render passes from the "Render" menu.

As for the model, the anatomy is just kind of off. I would suggest sculpting more normal looking faces to get an understanding of the underlying form and anatomy before sculpting more extreme looking faces.

This video should be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEiBYgBmhH0

• KnobleKnives
    Offline / Send Message
    KnobleKnives polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks a bunch for the feedback! I'll take a look at the video and others and try to build on the flaws. 
  • dGreenberg
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Hey Knobleknives! One thing I always try to do when working in ZBrush is to have some references handy (even if it's just facial anatomy and musculature), and not be too worried about upping the subdivs if the bust will be staying in ZBrush (as long as it doesn't slow your computer down too much). Maybe you can try to pump up some of the detail with a higher subdivision level and keep sculpting to see where it goes from here. It's off to an awesome start, so I hope you keep pushing it further.