Home Dota 2

AleMartins - Dota 2 Workshop

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
linkowner786 polycounter lvl 7
Hi!!
im new in dota workshop and im trying to do a new set for Jugger and i dont know if this concept have a future or not. can you help me with your opnion about my concept or suggestions to help me make better
Thx everyone! =)

Replies

• RossC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RossC polycounter lvl 9
    Hi!

The concept itself needs a bit of work in my opinion, here's some feedback:

-The overall color palette of the set doesn't really work for me and I think doesn't fit Juggernaut that well either.  A few Juggernaut sets utilized a few bits of green but having green being the primary focus of the set, especially when it's taking up a huge chunk of Juggernaut's model space, kind of overwhelms Juggernaut's basic color scheme.

-The scales of the (dragon?) armor are too noisy and most likely won't be read that well in-game.  Try a concept with larger scales that also have lesser definition, so they sort of blend into the base armor colors.

-The main chest armor blends too well with the shoulder armor.  There should be some more definition or color differences, perhaps even asymmetry to make it read better.

I did a quick little paintover concept of the upper half to sort of address some of my issues.  It's no where near a final concept but having more definition of the edges and less detail in the "noise" of the scales will make it read easier in the game.  Remember that the texture space in the budget is quite limited, so having heavy noisy details may look in higher definition but will be a blurry mess in-game.

Hope this helps!
  • linkowner786
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey RossC! 
    thanks for the great feedback!
    i was trying to do a new thing but not thinking about in jugger's basic color scheme, and this just ill kill the concept.
    I ill make a big changes in set and back here again.
    thank you again :D 
  • linkowner786
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey!  i decided to make another concept... and i think this is better than the other, but i still need feedback to start modeling.
    appreciate if i got a feedbacks!

thanks!