Home Marmoset

UV Seams popping up?

So I've been trying to trouble shoot this for the past 3 days.

The sculpt was done in Zbrush and UV mapped using UV Layout.  I took the file into Substance Designer to do some quick baking (seems to be the quickest and easiest for normal bakes for a noob like me).  I exported out the texture maps from Zbrush and brought it into Marmoset with all the bake maps from Substance.

I barely notice any seam issues in Substance but in Marmoset I keep seeing the seams pop up.  I have fiddled with changing the mesh info from marmoset -> 3DSM and Studio Max is the only one where the seams are crazy noticeable.  

If you look at the picture substance is on the left and marmoset on the right. 

Any suggestions?  I'm pretty new to this sort of baking and the softwares.  Just a heads up.... quite.... noobish here.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure but I think substance uses Mikktspace, so try setting it to XN/Mikkt
  • MellowYeahLow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not sure but I think substance uses Mikktspace, so try setting it to XN/Mikkt
    Yeah I went down the list and best results came from using 3DSM setting for the mesh.  Normal map kind of work fine on its own after that.  I think it was just poor UVs and specularity/ambient occlusion map making it look noticible/worse in Marmoset.  But I still don't get how the seams looks flawless in Substance but coming out only 90% perfect in Marmoset.  Pretty sure I'm at fault here though :).  
    Not to shabby for first time in Marmoset I'd say.  I'm pretty happy with the results though.  I'll just have to move on and keep on learning.
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/AQxYN