Home Technical Talk

How to make big rocks???

triangle
Offline / Send Message
8bitboy triangle

Hi, These rocks look completely different and I would like them to be similar. I don't know if this is the high poly having smooth borders in the larger rock or it needing to be scaled down. I need rocks like Rust has but I want them to be optimized instead of having useless geometry facing inside the terrain. But In order to make big rocks and achieve the similar aesthetic I to figure out if these don't look right, Do they??? If you know a better technique please post in the comments down below it will help me a ton. I use normal maps and curvatures then tile the rocks with detail maps (if you don't know), but I don't want more PBR added because my lighting settings in unity are ambient gradient for my game. 

How 

Replies

• demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    Cant understand what u r saying exactly but u can first scuplt ur rock in zbrush and then retopo it and then bake normal from high to low that way u get good looking rocks with a low polycount and clean geommetry.
  • demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    Cant understand what u r saying exactly but u can first scuplt ur rock in zbrush and then retopo it and then bake normal from high to low that way u get good looking rocks with a low polycount and clean geommetry.