Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rita from Edge Of Tomorrow

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Waffenwalter polycounter lvl 2
Hi folks!
This seems to be my very first polycount post/topic so bare with me :blush:
I am currently a student that tries to get his bachelor in computer and videogames, during the period of this course I would like to build up my portfolio as a character artist by participating in several art challenges.

Here is one of my first "art test" attempts, a 3D model of the character "Rita" from the movie "Edge Of Tomorrow". The asset consists of 37.880 Tris and a diffuse map only. It was created by first sculpting a rough highpoly in zBrush and retopping it in Blender 3D with the various awesome retop-scripts available and blenders surface snapping options. The rather hard-surface exoskeleton was also developed in Blender with traditional polymodelling.

Critique, tipps, and tricks are much appreciated!

The marmoset view on artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oxGQq

Cheers!

Replies

• Thomas_Froese
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very solid design and the details on the diffuse give a lot of depth to it! Considering that there's no normal this is very good work. :smile:
    The face looks a little uncanny and manly, though. This might be because there's a lot of contrast in color and form around the nose, brows and cheeks while the eyes don't have that much (you could indicate the eyelashes more), also the mouth tapers pretty strongly, maybe too strong in the middle. No critique on the body though, that looks excellent! :smiley: