Home Adobe Substance

Substance Designer/Painter Lagging

ribrado
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ribrado polycounter lvl 17
- I open the software, its empty.  I can scroll and move
- once I open a new file (1024x1024) something simple.  It opens it with the given contents (graph/utilites/library/textures/etc) but then it lags after.  If I move the graph, mesh or scroll down the utilities or anything, it doesnt move them unless I click on the Tool bar (files/edit/tools/windows/help) then it automatically moves where I want it to be. 

So is there a way I can fix this situation?

- substance Designer 5.3.4 (30 days trial)

My laptop = 6 gb, Intel(r) Core(tm 15-3210M cpu @ 2.50 GHz
64-bit operation system/ windows 10/lenovo/ Intel graphics intergrated (not sure which version).

thx in advance

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    So the issue is that the UI is frozen until you click on the main toolbar?
    Can you make sure your graphic drivers are up to date?
    Does it happen in Designer only?
  • ribrado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Yes UI (as well clicking on the contents like shader, brushes) is always frozen.  I had to click on the main toolbar every time for every single movements to achieved.  The main toolbar has no frozen issues I can click and view it whenever. 

Occurred on both Painter and Designer.

I had checked my graphic driver on my laptop. This version is the latest that I am allowed to update, the others after  after that are not compatible. 

-Intel(r) HD Graphics 4000
    -Driver Version: 10.18.10.4276
    -Driver Date: 8/17/2015

• ribrado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also to add when I open the software before loading a new file, sample files or one of those custom sets (standards, pbr, etc). I can browse the lower left bracket, scrolling down, checking contents.

its only when I load any type files that the ui frozen.

I assume its cuz my laptop is old and need a better specs, so unfortunate
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    Your computer seems indeed a bit weak to handle our software unfortunately. I'm afraid there is not much we can do.
  • ribrado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had a feeling my laptop isnt up to the task, thank you for responding tho.  I am hoping on getting a much better computer within few months by then I can finally try out this amazing software.
  • ribrado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another question will this gpu specs sufficient enough to run this software on the laptop? It is what most  default gaming laptops out there (below $2000)
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Yes this should be fine for both. My previous laptop had a 960M and it was working perfectly.
  • ribrado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool thanks for the info!