Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Reimporter and presets not working.

Lead
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lead polycounter lvl 18
I was going to make a few objects in a set which needed to be textured the same, so I first attempted to use presets.

I saved a preset to the folder prompted, and then when I tried to use it on a new project it wouldn't show up. So I eventually figured out it was prompting me to save in the wrong place, and moved the XML file to the same place as the default\empty XML file.

However if I select me textures and then create a new project using the preset, the result is still a blank project with none of the various materials\IDs being loaded.

My next attempt was to just use the Reimporter. So I duplicated the existing project folder, loaded that project to get me the materials. Next I loaded the Reimporter and selected the source textures for the next object and hit "reimport". After loading for a while I was returned to the project, but all the old textures were still there. Multiple tries, restarting Suite etc. didn't fix it.

I'm using the latest version of Quixel Suite 2, and using Photoshop CC 2015.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Lead, unfortunately, the ID Preset system is being reworked - so the current method to achieve standardized texturing across different models would mean applying Smart Materials manually. ID Presets should be functioning normally soon, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

The reimporter may have issues with duplicated projects - check the project.xml and ensure the paths to the base textures match the folder structure of the duplicated folder, and see if that helps when you re-render again. :smile: