Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE 4 Scene] Roman Temple

andrzejBG
null
Hi guys,

This is the project I've been making in last few months in my spare time (i'm just a hobbyist and have completely different job). My first one in Unreal, it's not a real structure, but ofcourse it's based on well known Pantheon as you can see. I've made all the models, textures, particles myself, except:
- torch fire particle is taken from the ParticleEffects project, provided by the Epic for free;

And that's it, here is a video and some screenshots, hope you like it ;)

Replies

• mrgesy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrgesy polycounter lvl 7
    Beautiful lighting man. It has a very friendly feeling to it. But one thing seems off:

The light coming in from the oculus at the top is supposed to come in at a cone. But your cast light on the floor is EXACTLY the same size as the hole on dome, which looks strange and unnatural.

Your cast light on the ground is too bright for a night scene. It kinda looks like some electrical spotlight is shining a beam, and not natural light.  I noticed the light in the dome hole looks very bright, but the scene looks like a night scene. I feel like you should get more warm GI light into the scene, than the blueish tint (there's no blue sky casting blue shadows?).

Also your god rays looks like you just mapped a clouds texture to a plane. Work on it to look more like rays of heavenly light :)

Apart from that, perfect scene!

• Jacubson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great job! But I think you should flip green channel in your brick wall normal Map.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't agree on the crit for the oculus beam.

Yes it's a cone if you're looking upwards from near where it hits.

But if you're looking from the side, it's nearly a straight column. The sun/moon are very very far away, so the photons are coming in nearly parallel.

Sorry, just me nerding out here. Btw, the Pantheon is an amazing place, especially when it rains... !
  • andrzejBG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andrzejBG null
    Thank you for your critiques quys ;)
  • Maximum-Dev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edit: Just wrote the same thing as JACUBSON.

Keep it up :)