Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Ohmai

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
ohmai polycounter lvl 2

Helloo *waves*

I’ve been dabbling with 3D for a few years now, and have been lurking around the forums for quite some time; thought I should pluck up the courage to show some of my work here. I’m an avid Zbrush user! That program has pretty much changed my entire life. Most of my work stems from hours of noodling about in there.

I originally learnt 3D due to wanting to make content within the virtual world of Secondlife. I still create most of my work and side income from there, but have been sorta branching out hoping to improve, grow and figure out more of myself in this world. 

So anywho! I thought I’d set up this thread as a place where I can showcase some of my older pieces as well as newer ones and work in progresses to keep my goals on track. I thought I'd start this off with one of my more recent works: Piglan; a character inspired by baby nephew and love for pigs~

It’s an honour and pleasure to be able to share my work with you guys, feedback and critics always welcomed; thanks for having me!

Replies

• ohmai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ohmai polycounter lvl 2
    Mischief Managed
    JK Rowling's Potterverse probably is one of my biggest obsessions. My initial foray into 3D was so I could build this castle within Secondlife itself. The castle grounds and train platform was created back in 2012 and has a ton of issues looking at it now, but its still a piece pretty dear to my heart. I've recently done a few more additions to the place with props and additional rooms such as the Gryffindor common room. 

Gryffindor Commons
    A more recent addition done a few months back. Most of SL assets still depend largely on diffuse textures, so most of the maps were baked into the diffuse texture during the texturing process.

House Hourglasses
    This was a prop created for the Great Hall area of the castle, the most recent addition to the place. It was mostly done as practice with Zmodeler. The renders below were done in Marmoset Toolbag for the hi-poly version. 

• ohmai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ohmai polycounter lvl 2
    Highest Point
    Monster assets for an indie mobile game called Highest Point. I worked on the hi-poly versions of these critters before sending it off to another artist for low poly optimisation. It was then passed back to me for texturing and final touch ups.

• ohmai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ohmai polycounter lvl 2
    Arboretum WIP
    Work in progress of my latest personal project; an architecture piece heavily inspired by the Crystal Gardens in Madrid. More time practicing Zmodeler as well as learning how to use arrays within Blender. I'm hoping to figure out how to use Substance Designer to create procedural textures to use when I head over to texturing this piece.