Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: compatibility issue with Photoshop cs 5.1

null
Hi, I 've just started using Quixel suite 2.0.4 and bumped into few problems with Photoshop cs 5.1.

1) The Quixel floating windows are hiding behind Photoshop and sometimes flickering
        I tried solving it by googling the problem and also following steps mentioned in Quixel wiki / manual page

2) When I have active ndo or ddo main window:
        a) I am unable to use photoshop key-shortcuts - for example ctrl+z is not functional, when I hit key-shortcut
            for specific PS tool the tool doesn't switch...when I hit spacebar to use hand for panning canvas, shortcuts
            for zooming canvas...etc.
            Also input fields like changing the zoom (lower left corner of  PS) could not be edited, when I put cursor
            in input field it just flickers (PS and Quixel windows flickers) and I can't input any numbers.

b) when I try to change color in ddo for some layer (edit reflectance), popup window for color picking show
            up, I can select different color, but when I hit ok or cancel, the color picker window doesn't close,
            flickers and color can not be changed/applied. To get rid of the color picker window I need to hit upper
            right corner cross (x) and the color stay unchanged.

I was trying to solve it for couple of hours but with no luck...I tried different setup for GPU in Photoshop, also turning it off completely and I went trough all FAQ mentioned in manual / wiki. Finally I downloaded trial version Photoshop CC 2015 and I did not experienced any mentioned problems. Is it possible that there is some issue in compatibility with older, specifically CS 5.1 version of the Photoshop?

Did someone encountered similar problems?
Maybe I can do screen capture to demonstrate the problems if needed.

Thank you.

David

Replies

• DavidVacek
    OK solved it :smile:  ...aaargh :smile: 

I was launching Photoshop as first, and then Quixel Suite afterwards....

If I run only Quixel Suite, PS will start automatically and all the issues I've addressed are gone :smile: , works perfectly :smile: .

another solution if PS is already launched before quixel suite:
    just in Quixel main window run "Set explicit Photoshop connection" It wil reboot PS and Quixel and works like a charm... or "Reboot PS" also helped.

So there was probably some connection issue with my PS CS5.1

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    That's very possible. Good catch! :smile: