Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Computer freezing on Ddo/3do launch

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Stu2Prof polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys 
Currently working on a 3ds Max - Ddo - Unreal asset creation tutorial and this problem is stalling me a bit. I am trying out the latest quixel suite on my work laptop. I have Photoshop cc and cs5. I am able to start Ddo fine but when I load my model and textures and hit create the software either freezes to the point of stalling my whole computer or creates new empty psds without showing any 3d preview. Also when I try to run 3do the loading process stops at 80% and  freezes my computer.  Can anyone offer me assistance? 

P.S. 
Merry Christmas

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Studtoprof!

Our apologies for the trouble! May I ask what system specifications your laptop has?
  • davaze
    I have had similar issues on my Laptop which in my case is caused due to the on board graphics card. It seems it needs at least a dedicated GPU card to work and enough RAM. At least in my case. I still wish I would get an answer to my question if I'm allowed to use Suite 1.8 for my laptop with my 2.0 license.
  • Stu2Prof
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh, I wasnt expecting a response so quick.

Sys Info
    RAM: 16GB
    Type: x64 based PC
    Intel Core i7 2760QM 4 core
    Integrated Graphics : Intel HD Graphics 3000  (Is this possibly the problem?)

Thanks for all your help!

• davaze

I had Intel HD 4000 which does not work for me. On my desktop using GTX460SE I have no problem at all.

• Stu2Prof
    Offline / Send Message
    Dang, I have a home computer with an nvidia graphics card but was hoping to use this at work. Hopefully someone knows a way to get around this
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Studtoprof - unfortunately, the minimum system requirements are as follows:

- Windows 7, 64-bit only
    - Photoshop CS3 Standard/Extended, 64-bit
    - 8GB of RAM
    - 1.5 GHz CPU
    - Dedicated GPU (Nvidia GTX 600 series, or comparable specifications)
    - At least 16GB of scratch disk memory reserved for Photoshop (i.e. 16GB free on the hard drive Photoshop is using as a scratch disk)

Davaze - as far as I am aware, 1.8 licenses are not granted with Suite 2. Suite 2 is not compatible with Suite 1.8 due to numerous changes in material handling code. :frowning: 
  • Stu2Prof
    Offline / Send Message
    Awwwww :( okay....  Thanks for all your help guys
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    If you're unable to use the Suite due to your laptop not meeting minimum requirements, we can arrange a refund for you! Let me know what you'd like to do, unless you plan to upgrade hardware, which I totally encourage because 3DO is quite a potent little beast for real-time previewing. :smiley: 

• davaze
    Studtoprof - unfortunately, the minimum system requirements are as follows:

- Windows 7, 64-bit only
    - Photoshop CS3 Standard/Extended, 64-bit
    - 8GB of RAM
    - 1.5 GHz CPU
    - Dedicated GPU (Nvidia GTX 600 series, or comparable specifications)
    - At least 16GB of scratch disk memory reserved for Photoshop (i.e. 16GB free on the hard drive Photoshop is using as a scratch disk)

Davaze - as far as I am aware, 1.8 licenses are not granted with Suite 2. Suite 2 is not compatible with Suite 1.8 due to numerous changes in material handling code. :frowning: 

Actually I was hoping that I could use my 2.0 license to use 1.8 at least on my laptop to do some basic work at least with NDO. The problem is that I'm traveling a lot and love to do some basic work. Because 1.8 3DO works fine on my laptop I could then at least do some work. I'm unable to change hardware on my Laptop because it's a company laptop. Reason I asked this is because everyone who owns 1.8 license was upgraded to 2.0 and can still use 1.8 as well if they like but like me who only purchased 2.0 license can not run 1.8, why? I assume I could better have purchased the 1.8 license and have it upgraded for free to 2.0 instead of purchasing the 2.0 license directly? I really enjoy 2.0 on my desktop but wished I could use my 2.0 license to run Suite 1.8 on my laptop only even though it is not compatible with 2.0.

Thanks anyway!

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    If you're just using nDo, you should be able to do so on your laptop without 3DO running. Unfortunately I cannot be of much assistance here as the official word is that Suite 1.8 is discontinued and no licenses will be granted for it. I do apologize for the inconvenience. :frowning:
  • davaze

Unfortunately there is no way to preview even when only using NDO as 3DO freezes right away on my laptop.
    Too bad no 1.8 license is granted.

Anyway I appreciate your support!

Thanks.

• Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I do apologize that you're stuck in that position with your company's laptop. Would it be possible to get a new one issued with hardware that meets the minimum specifications? If  that fails and you can't use Suite 2, we can refund the software for you.
  • davaze
    Thanks, i'm very happy with the new suite 2.0 running on my home desktop without any issues!
  • Stu2Prof
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys
    After looking through my computer specs I discovered my computer has a Nvidia Geforce graphics card but it just wasnt set as the default card so 3do wasnt picking up on it.  Happy to have it working. One thing I notice though is that 3do is popping out as a separate window and in tutorials I see people have a previewer alongside Ndo that is just another tab that fits into the photoshop tab bar. This would be a lot more convenient for me. Do you know how I can set that?

Mine:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/AEWLAdN.jpg[/img]

Tabbed version (scroll to 1:16)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WirF2bV8iNk
  • Gordon Robb
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    It isn't, it just looks that way as the 3DO title bar/menu is hidden and its position in such a way as to look like its a photoshop document. 
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Basically what Gordon said. There is no "dock" option for 3DO with Photoshop, although it may be a feature we look at in the future. :smile: 
  • Stu2Prof
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah OK, thanks!