Home Technical Talk

Blender HardOps to Zbrush and Keyshot Tutorial

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
kertesz polycounter lvl 5
https://youtu.be/2nFzlEA4LEA

This tutorial focuses on taking a dirty mesh from Blender into Zbrush and Keyshot.  I created this mesh with a lot of boolean operations via a script by MasterXeon1001 called Hardops.  This script is very useful in quickly chopping up your mesh.  The problem is the geo can be really dirty and provide undesirable results when importing into other packages to either sculpt or render.  I'll take you on a short journey to get around this problem. 

Blender Scripts Used:
MultiEdit:  
Tutorial:

HardOps:
Tutorial for this product is in the Gumroad
Peep his other videos:

GoZ to Blender GOB: 
Tutorial:
Read the wiki on it linked above ^

Replies

• Mogul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    to be honest i still confuse about this technique. if the topology dont matter why not using CAD software like (fusion or autocad). Can somebody answer this? rather than "i can do this fast way with blender because i set my hotkey", "its easy UV in blender", "blender its free".
  • kertesz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kertesz polycounter lvl 5
    I use Blender and Zbrush for my workflow both professionally and privately.  Ultimately it's what you find comfortable.  
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mogul said:
    to be honest i still confuse about this technique. if the topology dont matter why not using CAD software like (fusion or autocad). Can somebody answer this? rather than "i can do this fast way with blender because i set my hotkey", "its easy UV in blender", "blender its free".
    Because it's a tutorial for using Blender. You're bringing in an argument unrelated to the topic. But yes, CAD software would work just as well for this. I forget who did the demonstration at the moment, but I think they pioneered this workflow looking for a quick way to bring CAD models into the mix.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Mogul said:
    That's like saying 'why are you playing that music on your guitar that you've been playing for 10 years? A cello has strings as well.....play it on the cello....'