Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Crash at start

joowonsome
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
joowonsome polycounter lvl 4
Hello,

I am keep getting crash window like this as soon as Photoshop starts with Quixel. 
Could someone help me? I tried with my antivirus off, still the same.
I would really appreciate if someone could provide the solution.
Thank you!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    This looks like an issue with the install path. What I would attempt for now is a complete uninstall of the Suite from your computer, and then reinstall with Suite 2.0.4 from Quixel.se - let me know if that works! :smile: 
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    I also can't run Quixel   ( trial version)  . Once I load a mesh and then try to load a normal map I instantly get:   Photoshop Error        System.Runtime.InterloopServices.COMException (0x80029C4A): Library loading error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY))

Then everything  hangs altogether with Photoshop.   
    Same when I  just push 3DO button. 

Actually have never  been able to run it normally after the  free version.  It was the only version that worked  more or less ok on my end. 

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Gnoop!

Try closing down the Suite and Photoshop, then run Photoshop as an administrator. Close it afterward, and then run the Suite again. Let me know if that solves that issue for you. :smile: 
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    Thanks. it helped to get rid of error message.    And now I see some progress .   Still have to figure out how everything works  since I see what's looking like countlessly multiplying docs  and nothing at all in 3d view
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    Downloaded an update 2.0.4.    Now I start to see the model in 3d view  but whatever material layer I am adding   in ddo window and textures,   3d view  still shows  original  unedited state.  

Wonder if I am doing  something wrong or its program error .   Maybe I missed "update" button somewhere?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Try a fresh install - remove all instances of Quixel software, and reinstall 2.0.4. :smile: Let me know if that sorts it out for you!
  • davaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I have similar issues installing 2.04. I already uninstalled the previous version but whenever I install 2.04 I get below message at the end of installation.

I checked my current version installed is: 10.0.40219 for both x64 and x86.

Now whenever I try to run the suite (NDO) I get below error (sorry the above message is in Dutch):

What is going on? Previous version worked fine. How to get it working again?

• davaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any information on how I can get it to work again?
  • davaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok I found the problem! After installing the Visual C++ 2015 redistributable x64 and x86 it works again. Now I wonder why the Suite 2.04 installer does not take care of this but instead refers to a message related to a newer version of Visual C++ 2010 redistributable being installed. This does not make any sense to me.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Thanks for reporting that, Davaze! I've forwarded it on to the developers. :smile: