Home Technical Talk

[Zbrush] Dynamesh is deleting part of my object

Hi guys, zbrush noob here, trying to learn.

Basically I have my mesh:

and this is what I get after using dynamesh:

I have no mask/selection and my object is made of only one polygroup

I've probably selected the wrong setting somewhere but I can't figure how to make dynamesh work properly again.

Replies

• jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    The only reason I can think of why it would be doing that is if your mesh isn't sealed somewhere, and that your limbs are collapsing because of that...but usually it would just seal the hole. Odd. Have you tried z-remeshing first, and then dynameshing? Or exporting the tool as an obj and reimporting it to a new project? 
  • yk89031
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yk89031 polycounter lvl 3
    I know this is late reply, but if anybody else has the same problem:

QUICK ANSWER: it's likely to be caused by the settings in: Preferences / Mem / MaxPolyPerMesh
    Just set that number higher and you're good to go.

Little more info: That means you are trying to Dynamesh the model with very high resolution. In most cases, you don't need to do that much. Keep in mind that if you're for example following some tutorial where they do max resolution Dynamesh, they likely do it because their model is of a small size. Dynamesh gives more polygons to a bigger mesh than smaller one. So if a tutorial shows you max resolution, but you have bigger model, you can get THE SAME result with half or even lower resolution.

Here is more explanation on how Dynamesh works:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGKUQogjzE4 (the important part starts at 2:00)