Home Dota 2

Low Quality Texture

Hi, I am having trouble with the textures on dota 2 item I made, I have it painted in zbrush on hd quality and the game downscaled it in the right size but it seems like the loadout/itemSelect one is on low quality as well, I tried to downscale it manually too, as well as trying to figure out the uvs and how I could manage them for better quality but nothing worked out since the uvs are diffrent and cannot be overlapped in my model that easily due to the structure and the paint as well. (in some areas it is diffrent) Even if they overlap the detail will be at a minimum as well.
(Desired texture resolution 258x124)
Suggestions?

Replies

• Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    You are only using around 20% of the available texture space.
    Try breaking the UV's into multiple islands that represent each main area (one each for grip, blade and pommel or similar).
    Then try and take up as much of the texture space as possible.
  • TwinDenis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne said:
    You are only using around 20% of the available texture space.
    Try breaking the UV's into multiple islands that represent each main area (one each for grip, blade and pommel or similar).
    Then try and take up as much of the texture space as possible.
    how can I do so? in 3ds max, the software I have, it is very hard to do so, its hard to make it mirrored and overlapped as well, I tried to as said in the post.
    if there is something or some way to do it simpler it would be great. I dont have the time to fight with the software to make the desired result.
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    TwinDenis said:
     I dont have the time to fight with the software to make the desired result.
    But that's exactly the only way to do it. to spend time, learning how you could use 3DsMax to do what you have to do. Or else you will never get a good result.
    So, the best thing to do, would be to take the time and learn how you can do this one correctly, it might take a relatively long time as you are not familiar with the procedure, but at the end it will be worth it and the next time, you will need much less time.
    This VDO might help:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtHYHXogotw

• TwinDenis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza said:
    TwinDenis said:
     I dont have the time to fight with the software to make the desired result.
    But that's exactly the only way to do it. to spend time, learning how you could use 3DsMax to do what you have to do. Or else you will never get a good result.
    So, the best thing to do, would be to take the time and learn how you can do this one correctly, it might take a relatively long time as you are not familiar with the procedure, but at the end it will be worth it and the next time, you will need much less time.
    the only issue is that the object is not symmetrical, and they made the texture size with symmetry in mind which I did not use in my design. (faces are not symmetrical)