Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Final 2015 Reel

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Hito interpolator
Finished game animation track with iAnimate. Cut a new reel with workshop animations and some other animations done outside of workshop. 6 seconds shorter, 25% more content, 100% more humor. Was brisket, now steak, and hopefully Kobe one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgxSpvXpTMo

If there's any glitches I missed please let me know so I can fix it fore public consumption

Thanks!

Replies

• Blond
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you for inspiring me. This is exactly the kind of short I wanna have. SHort but efficient. Everthing molds together and bursts with professionalism! I think this is great. Nice intro!
  • limeforce
    Offline / Send Message
    limeforce polycounter lvl 7
    Sweet! Solidest reel I've seen in a while!

I see no big glitches: in with a bang, out with a bang, dope soundtrack, contact info is where it needs to be, good length, high quality rendering throughout (from iAnimate I guess) so the viewer gets to focus on what is important, the animation. Something you might want to think about is having what you were responsible for burned in to the video itself so that's clear even if someone does not see the description for whatever reason.

Animation: what my untrained eye sees in your clips is a lot of fun and a lot of polish! Inspiring as hell :yum: How were the death/ragdoll-anims at 0:14 made, are those hand-keyed too? I guess that's what "
    Responsible for all keyframe animations." means, but if we're nitpicking you could have simulated those and the description would still be true. Physics work a bit "interestingly" on the climber's leap at 0:47.

So, very very good! But don't get lazy, keep going for that Kobe :wink:
  • heboltz3
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Nice work hito.  

This just solidified my decision to take that course, haha.
  • LeeMeredith
    Offline / Send Message
    LeeMeredith polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome work Hito
  • Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    @limeforce everything's key-framed except for the boxes falling off the shelf around 0:20, that's baked sim. Rendered with Viewport 2.0; basically glorified playblasts. Quite nice if you use built-in DX11 shaders or use ShaderFX to customize your own, almost like working in a game engine. Tremendously faster to render, so more time to animate.

Feels nice to call it done. After the holidays I'll start with the backlog of weekly themes from before and try some creature stuff.

Happy Holidays yall!
  • WeatherMan
    Offline / Send Message
    WeatherMan polycounter lvl 6
    Cool stuff! You've got a few weight issues here and there but overall it's damn solid. Nice work.