Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mars Base - Game Environment based on concept by Blake Rottinger

PaxTerra
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
PaxTerra polycounter lvl 8
Hi everyone!

I'm an aspiring Environmental Artist that figured out what I really wanted to do at the end of my last year at my university(not fun at all), which have led me to completely reconstruct my portfolio. I have done some personal projects before this but decided for this one to use an existing concept from an concept artist named Blake Rottinger, who gave me his permission to use it. His homepage is here: http://blakerottinger.com/

I wanted to do this concept in order to practice on creating foliage as well as trying out a modular environment. I also want to use Substance Painter in my workflow as well since everyone seem to use it nowadays and I feel both my texturing skills and my texturing workflow really need to be pushed to the next limit. Practically everything feels like it need to be pushed to the next limit. :)

For starters, I have at the moment only blocked in the walls and floors I will be using in order to get the feel and scale of the environment out. Other assets will be added to such as shelves and boxes. After that I will probably start to evaluate which assets need high-poly models and which does not. Other suggestions are welcome. :) The engine is Unreal Engine 4.

Blocked in level - Present state
----------

Examples of my earlier work: 

Futuristic hospital corridor 

Apartment (still a WIP)

Thanks for reading and I will be updating this as I progress. :)