Home Technical Talk

HELP WITH MUDBOX PAINTING PROBLEMS

I have a huge problem with Mudbox painting. When i paint on anything there is a color that is pixelated and much lighter than the color that i chose. It does this on any mesh i try to paint on, even the default plane or cube of Mudbox, so it can't be something with the UVs. I dont think its my graphics card because it can handle sculpting on subdivision level 8 with millions and millions of polys. Sometimes it seems that i can paint normal on one subdivision level, then it will suddenly become pixelated and lighter. And it does this for each level. Stencils seem to work fine for some reason with normal painting, but stamps do not. I have default lighting,material, and default paint brush setting except for a red color to show the problem. I have tried showing/hiding with ctrl + up arrow and down arrow. I have tried different lighting and materials. Nothing is working. Please help me fix this problem because im going to rip my hair out

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    could be your graphics driver... if its working with sculpting or not does not say its working with painting...
    have you tried to delete the mudbox settings folder in myDocuments\
    it will reset mudbox...

are you on the latest mudbox extension..?