Home Adobe Substance

Substabce Designer Indie - any limitation?

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Panupat polycounter lvl 15
Hi.

I'm considering grabbing  Designer Indie on Steam and I'm wondering if there's any limitation compare to the Pro version?

Sorry for asking this here but I haven't been able to access Allegorithmic website for a couple days now.

Thank you.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Hi, no there is no limitation other than the revenue limit.
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see thank you very much!!
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purchased!

I have another question: anyway I can install Designer Indie without installing Steam? the IT here doesn't seem to want to install Steam for me.
  • Ispheria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ispheria polycounter lvl 3
    If you buy it on steam, you can link your steam account to an allegorithmic account, and download an installer there and use the key they give you. I believe if you buy it on the website, you can link your steam account too and get it on steam.
  • Panupat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I see thank you! Linked and downloading :)
  • beaver_knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beaver_knight polycounter lvl 9
    Hello.

I have a few similar question, just to clarify things with steam substance stuff:

1)http://store.steampowered.com/sub/62715/ "Substance Indie Pack" is a full substance software package with indie license that distributed through Steam platform, is this correct?

2)As substance main site states, the only limitation of indie license is "The Indie licence is for entities making less than $100k per year in revenue" is this also true for Steam version? I red online on forums that there is some B2M software integration limitation also, is this the case?

3)Is Steam version being updated as "usual", non Steam versions of software (Substance Designer Steam page shows news about 5.3.1 being the latest version. I believe the 5.3.3 is latest right now)? Is there a slight delay in update time? If there is delay, how much days it usually is?

4)Is it possible to buy software on Steam and "link" it to you Allegorithmic account so you can download and install software in "usual" way, outside Steam infrastructure?

5)What gona happen when SP 2.0 and SD 6.0 rolls out? Is major version iteration usually paid updates? WIll it be possible to buy update in Steam?

6)Are you guys considering integrating "live" feature in to Steam somehow? I would like to buy my package with "live" option to get the monthly updates. Will it come to Steam in near future, or there is no plans for it right now?

Thank you.

• Ispheria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ispheria polycounter lvl 3
    1. Yes, it's all indie licenses. 
    2. The steam version is the indie version, so yes. I've never heard anything about B2M software limitations.
    3. Steam version is updated when the normal version is updated. Substance Designer is version 5.3.3 right now on steam. 
    4. Freaking read what others have posted on the thread you're trying to hijack before posting to make sure no one has already answered your questions. 
    5. The upgrade from Substance Designer 4 to 5 costed like $50.