Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ronan the Accuser

Liked the character by Lee Pace from the Guardians of the Galaxy so much, that even wanted to have my own Ronan. :D Wasn't making characters for more than 7 years now, so... looking for the feedback.

Replies

• Olka_mk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the original movie character, btw.
    Would be glad to have a feedback - any feedback  :p
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I like it!  Do you have it a screenshot of it in studio lighting?  I think right now it's mostly tweaking the look of the materials and getting some glow on the hammer stone for the beauty shot.  If it's in more neutral lighting, that might help us diagnose what sort of contrast the model will need.
  • Sabotage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sabotage polycounter lvl 7
    Looks great!  my only critque would be that it feels like it needs one more pass for details, especially on his armor (shoulder pads, break up the perfectness of the mail on the back helm) these little details will catch light and keep the eye moving around the character more. 
  • Olka_mk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm making the shots using Substance Painter, here's the shot closest to studio lightning:
    Sabotage said:
    Looks great!  my only critque would be that it feels like it needs one more pass for details, especially on his armor (shoulder pads, break up the perfectness of the mail on the back helm) these little details will catch light and keep the eye moving around the character more. 

Thanks, I should have focuse on it more while making a highpoly. Definetily know now what to pay attention to while making the next character.