Home Artists Looking For Work

3D Realtime Animator and Art Manager/Producer available for your project/team

Xopher
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Xopher polycounter lvl 4
Greetings!  My name is Chris Johnson, and I am an experienced professional games animator with many years of experience working on games of various genres, on a wide array of platforms. For the past five years I have worked as freelance animator as well as an art manager/producer on a variety of titles. Most recently I was an animation lead and manager working on internal demo projects for an in-development Augmented Reality hardware solution, and am now ready to get back into some development/production work after a bit of time off.

In my career I have worked providing character and other asset animation on games ranging from AAA to mobile development, on everything from the original XBox and PS2, to XBoxOne, PS4, Wii, PC, and Android and iOS. Some of the various games I have worked on have run the gamut from Survival Horror, to sports, to fighting games, and several others, ranging from light children's fare to hardcore FPS games.

I've also worked as a consultant and an art manager working with both internal and external/offsite art teams for a variety of clients, providing animation and art needs estimates, production schedules and cost estimates, documentation for production needs, pitch documentation, and have even dabbled in systems and AI design and implementation (this was more design and non-technical implementation however, I am admittedly not a hotshot programmer). I have also provided research and development work for prototyping games, systems, etc.

Besides standard game companies and the above AR system folks, I also did a good chunk of time working directly for Unity Technologies, doing some of their internal and Evangelist demos, as well as demo titles for Qualcomm's Snapdragon series.

For animation, I work primarily with Maya and Motionbuilder (doing both keyframe and motion capture work), and have also worked with 3DS Max and Lightwave, as well as skeletal-based 2d programs such as Anime Studio.

I am currently available for various projects on a contract basis, or for the right group, would be willing to discuss working for a going concern on a fulltime basis.

My website is available for your perusal at http://thechrisjohnson.info, where my reel and my resume are also available.  For those who prefer LinkedIn, my LI profile is available at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ccjohnson  

And of course, a Demo Reel, for those who like such things:

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to talking soon; feel free to contact either through a PM here or through the email via my website contact form (or email address from resume/reel).

Replies