Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Quixel DDO 3DO increase performance

Hello, my name is Nicholas and I have a I7 laptop 12gb ram with geforce 525m 1gb card.
I have few questions about increasing performance on this software.
How I disable the antialiasing on 3DO and how I set a custom resolution ?  My video card is not very good on  antialiasing and most of us with laptops. 
  Also when I use DDO's brushes I have a masive drop in performance.
Please help me,is a script for this?
 I want to use this software for quick Vray textures, the quality of 3do is not very important for me.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Nik3Sp33d!

From the Quixel Shop, the minimum system requirements are:
    - Windows 7, 64-bit only
    - Photoshop CS3 Standard/Extended, 64-bit
    - 8GB of RAM
    - Nvidia 600 series, or comparable specifications
    - At least 16GB of scratch disk memory reserved for Photoshop (i.e. 16GB free on the hard drive Photoshop is using as a scratch disk) 1.5 GHz CPU

You could try using the Nvidia Control Panel to override viewport settings in 3DO - disable AA, AF, etc. This may improve performance for your system, but there's no guarantee unfortunately - your video card is the bottleneck with your system. Another part of the slowdown from the brushes included with the Suite stems from them being 2k to 4k resolution, which apparently won't play nice with 1GB of VRAM.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if setting a custom profile for 3DO in your Nvidia Control Panel speeds things up at all for you. :smile: 

• nik3sp33d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Disabling the AA,AF in Nvidia Control Panel don't work, the AA is still visible in 3DO.
    I adjusted the Nvidia image settings to Performance and noticed slight fps increase.
    Also overclocked my card by 10-15% and fps increased by 3,4 frames.
      I made a test with a object around 5000 tris and 1x 8192x8192 Ambient Occlusion texture with a smart material applied.
    Here is my fps results:
    1920x1200 -13-15fps
    1650x1050 -16-18 fps
    1366x768- 25-27 fps
    1280x800- 30-32 fps
    1024x768-38-40 fps
    800x600-60 fps+
    Post process is off for all of tests.

What I see is a increase of performance with lower resolution. Is a way to make 3DO to have a custom resolution? Let's say 600x600 pixels?

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Have you tried disabling post-processing options from the 3DO menu? It includes AA as well. Turning off post-processing would greatly improve performance, apart from that, there's the performance drop-down when you're painting which might help if you disable undo. :smile: 
  • nik3sp33d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
     Yes I disabled the post-processing options and runs better in 3DO and AA is disabled. 
     Also I found on internet a cool program called "Autosizer" to give a lower custom resolution to 3DO window, and It works, the fps is better.
    The problem is brushes are very laggy and kills my performance. I will try to resize the brushes to 1024 to see if the performance improves.