Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Crash when updating

Yaniv Dekel
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Yaniv Dekel polycounter lvl 10
Hi there. I'm trying to update to 2000.2 but this crash report shows up as soon as the downloader is finished:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1vHrErhR9IXTFdHa3RDSW9SaFU/view?usp=sharing
I tried starting the suite as administrator before updating but that didn't make a difference.
I'm running win 7 64.

While I'm here I would like to ask two smaller questions if I may.
How can I manually rotate the light in 3DO?
Is there any way to undo operations in dDo? Like deleting a layer, changing a material, etc...

Thank you.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Yaniv!

If the crash persists, I would uninstall Suite 2 entirely and do a fresh installation. That's helped quite a few people. :smile:

Rotating the skylight in 3DO is done with this key combination: SHIFT+RMB+Drag left/right

Undoing operations in DDO is not possible, at least, not yet - each instruction you give the program is generally a set of many different actions which would require a lot of RAM in order to undo to the original state.  :smile: 
  • Yaniv Dekel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yaniv Dekel polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks for the comment, just wanted to report back with what I found.
    Apparently UAC stopped the installer from launching whenever it would finish downloading. Usually I would get the 'Do you want to allow this program to make changes to this computer' popup, but with this one it simply crashed. Disabling UAC allowed the update to finish.