Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Issue with 3DO and NDO

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Justinnd polycounter lvl 8
I'm having an issue with 3DO displaying my work from NDO.

Scenario 1:
I open up NDO supply it a mesh and normal map, then load the project. In this case, 3DO seems to be working as intended...

Scenario 2:
I load some kind of texture in PS then convert it to an NDO project. In this case, for some reason, 3DO doesn't get linked up to the NDO project and it never refreshes my current work. What I'm looking to do is view my current normal map on the generic default meshes provided just like it's always worked.

I'm not sure if the workflow has changed from previous versions and I'm doing it wrong, or maybe its some kind of bug?

The below render is what I see with NDO running, and refreshed...

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Justinnd!

It may be a silly question, but have you tried closing down 3DO and reopening it yet? If so, have you tried running Photoshop as an administrator by itself, then closing it, and subsequently reopening the Suite afterward? Let me know if either of those options work.
  • Justinnd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just tried that with no success.

I have both CC x64 and CC 2015 x64 installed and tried them both.

One odd thing it's doing is writing an empty folder to my desktop labeled "previewer." I've never seen this before with NDO.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    This sounds like an issue that Teddy will need to take a closer look at. Have you been to the Quixel Live Support group yet? You can tag @Teddy there and he'll be able to help ASAP. :smile: Sorry about the trouble!
  • Justinnd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the help, no I haven't been on live support yet. Do you know if there is any documentation on how to completely uninstall Quixel suite including registry entries, buried files, etc.?

This problem didn't surface until the very last update, maybe a fresh install would fix this?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It's very possible. The uninstaller is located in *\Program Files\Quixel Suite 2.0\ - you should be able to remove it there. Teddy would know if there's anything else you need to remove as well. :smile: 
  • Justinnd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't want to keep beating this topic to death, but I just wanted to post what I found.

Turns out it wasn't an install issue. I used Revo Uninstaller pro to completely remove Quixel from my machine. (everything)

Reinstalled 2.0.2 from your site (with .net). The issue came back. Photo-Normal Presets work, it also works if I start with a blank map (128,128,255) then convert the normal to NDO Normal, then go to work, but if I use the default tool to create a normal map, that's when it has issues and writes that empty "previewer" folder to my desktop but doesn't update 3DO.

Hope that helps.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Make sure to tag Teddy on Quixel Live Support unless you'd prefer that I forward your posts for you. :smile: