Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: 3DO Freezes

Hi!
It has been a long time for Quixel Suite 2 to ship... And I can't use it, unfortunately. When I open 3DO, my PC just freezes when loading reaches 80%. Also, when I use 3DO baking, it freezes too. Since the last release, 2.02, 3DO became more stable - it freezes as before, but once in 5 minutes unfreezes for a couple of seconds. Interesting, task manager shows that my PC is not that busy. My specs are: Celeron G550 (2.4 GHz dual core), Intel HD Graphics (no OpenGL 4, maybe that's a reason), 4 Gb RAM. Photoshop CC 2014. I've started a project with 1024 px, and only ID and normal maps, outputs - albedo, metallic and normal. I know my PC is a crap, but 1.8 worked pretty fine.
Hope there is a solution for this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Edredar!

The Suite definitely needs a dedicated GPU - it's not built for baseline integrated graphics, unfortunately. System requirements are CS6+ recommended, minimum 8GB of RAM and a decent dedicated GPU or a really high-end integrated GPU, GTX 680M or above as a starting point.

The RAM may be fudged if you can handle working at 1k or lower, but once you reach 2k or above it'll become a persistent issue. :disappointed: 

If you would like to join us at Quixel Live Support, we may be able to work something out with the development team! smile 
  • edredar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Edredar!

The Suite definitely needs a dedicated GPU - it's not built for baseline integrated graphics, unfortunately. System requirements are CS6+ recommended, minimum 8GB of RAM and a decent dedicated GPU or a really high-end integrated GPU, GTX 680M or above as a starting point.

The RAM may be fudged if you can handle working at 1k or lower, but once you reach 2k or above it'll become a persistent issue. :disappointed: 

If you would like to join us at Quixel Live Support, we may be able to work something out with the development team! smile 

Maybe, you should put system requirements somewhere?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    System requirements are up on the store now!

Minimum system requirements
    - Windows 7, 64-bit only
    - Photoshop CS3 Standard/Extended, 64-bit
    - 8GB of RAM
    - Nvidia 600 series, or comparable specifications
    - At least 16GB of scratch disk memory reserved for Photoshop (i.e. 16GB free on the hard drive Photoshop is using as a scratch disk) 1.5 GHz CPU
  • davaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I had the same problem on my laptop using Intel HD4000 card. Just tried it on my desktop running GTX460SE without any issues.

Now i still wonder if my 2.0 license will give me the rights to run 1.8 on my laptop instead. This would allow me at least to do some basic work while traveling because 1.8 runs without any issues. I really hope i'm allowed to install and run 1.8 on my laptop with my 2.0 license because my laptop is a company laptop i'm not allowed to alter the hardware.

Thanks.