Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Are there any Guides for transparent textures?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ladygrace polycounter lvl 5
I have been looking around for a guide of how to do transparent textures in the Quixel suite as i am wanting to make some objects see through but i am not sure how to do this from maya to the quixel suite. Currently i don't think there is any guide, i may be mistaken but i have seen a few people having trouble with this.

If anyone has any information about how to do this it would be greatly thanked :)

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Opacity maps are set up by adding a new map in DDO. From the top right corner of DDO, click the dropdown menu and scroll to Add New Map > Opacity - from there, simply adjust the opacity map to give the effect that you desire. :smile: 
  • Ladygrace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ladygrace polycounter lvl 5
    Opacity maps are set up by adding a new map in DDO. From the top right corner of DDO, click the dropdown menu and scroll to Add New Map > Opacity - from there, simply adjust the opacity map to give the effect that you desire. :smile: 
    I added the opacity map and messed around with the settings, but i still have no clue what to do at all. Do i need an opacity map from maya? do i use a material ID? i honestly have no clue how this is done at all or what steps need to be taken to achieve making a transparent object. By any chance you explain the process needed or link pictures or a quick video just to show what needs to be done. I also looked through the tutorials that are on the site and none really cover much to do with opacity besides mentioning it and that is all the detail that goes into it.