Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Making a person

GreenGuy
null
Offline / Send Message
GreenGuy null
Hey everybody,
this is my first post in this forum and I am hoping to get some feedback on a digital double I am working on for one of my uni modules. Its the first time I am attempting to make a human being, so I could really need some help. Here are some images to show where I am so far.
This is one of my latest renders. I am especially not happy with the eyes, they are intersecting with the eyelids, so there probably is some shadowing and subsurface scattering issue there...

I used photogrammetry to get a starting point for modeling. This is what came back from recap 360.

This is "Pete" in ZBrush.

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    Hm i think you got distracted with doing details way too early. Did you ever have the scan and the basemesh aligned?
    Just compare the two, it is as if you ignored the scan for most of the part.

eye distance, nose shape, lips, ears - nothing looks like it is synced with the scan, definitely have the both at the same position and compare scan to model and once that is done compare the raw photos with your result.

It is easy to get carried away with a blurry scan, but this looks like a subdivided basemesh with pores and some wrinkles on top.
  • GreenGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GreenGuy null
    Hey NEOX, thank you for your feedback, I will try to match up the scan and the model some more. 
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I agree, the dude you scanned has a lot of volume and distinct fatty pockets all over his face.  He also has a lot of unique asymmetry and shapes to all of his facial landmarks.  Your sculpt is practically missing all of that character and uniqueness.
  • GreenGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GreenGuy null
    Thank you for your feedback. I am really sorry, but I posted an older ZBrush snapshot. Tomorrow I will be able to post one that is more up to date. I think your comments still apply to that one, but it is an improvement...