Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: 3DO 2.0.2 Issue: HDR reflections not showing on some materials

Hi Everyone!

I'm having an issue with the 3DO view port not showing reflection when importing maps into it. All I seem to get are blurry/hazy specular. Is there a way to indicate to 3DO to show these reflections? Both specular and metalness workflows have the same result. Gloss/roughness does not affect whether the reflections show or not.

Oddly this wasn't a problem in the previous version I used. I'm currently rolling back to see if the issue is still present. If so then it might be an update error (?).

Eitherway I would love some feedback about this.

Replies

• Draydin_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 2.0.1 seems to have this problem as well. It seems to be part in parcel with the HDR backgrounds as they are completely blurred over.

That said, it seems that DDO materials have the ability to control their gloss while resolves this issue. That said, is there a way of doing this in NDO? If not that is somewhat limiting when your trying to create a custom texture set and test how it would look as a reflective surface. 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Draydin!

You may wish to forward this to our Quixel Live Support group on Facebook. If you tag @Sameer there (our 3DO engineer), he'll be able to take a look at this closely for you. Thank you for reporting it! :smile: