Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel Suite 2.02 is released!

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Synaesthesia polycounter
Grab it here!

Changelog from Teddy:

Hi everyone! 2.0.2 is now available for direct download. :smiley: 

The biggest focus here is on stability, we've tried to fix every crash that's been reported these past few days, but this build also includes a whole lot of Smart Material updates. The full changelog below!

- Added 3 new painted cast iron Smart Materials
- Added 4 new polymer Smart Materials
- Added 6 new Bakelite Smart Materials
- Added bump values to all painted woods, concretes and metals
- Improved leather, bronze, brass and galvanized steel Smart Materials
- Improved scratches on scratched tarnished Smart Materials
- Reduced repetitive details on certain Smart Materials
- Added Octane (sRGB) export target (for Specular workflows)
- Pressing F now focuses and fits mesh to screen without resetting rotation
- Fixed AssImp error message when importing meshes
- Fixed 3DO resolution error on startup
- Fixed WinTab Context error in 3DO
- Fixed Undo toggle and number of Undos not persistent across sessions
- Added new file browsers in 3DO
- Fixed file browsing crashes in 3DO
- Fixed bug where meshes would become inflated
- Hovering material now shows material path
- Fixed bug where DDO UI would not load after flattening project
- Fixed bug in Dynamask editor where tweaking scale would not update 3DO
- Fixed bug where the DDO UI not would not show on screen
- Fixed bug where source PSDs loaded as white in Toolbag 2
- Attempted fix for issue where the Suite sometimes started behind Photoshop
- Fixed bug where default file name wasn't updated correctly for saved bakes
- Set initial directory for Bakes / Renders
- Fixed camera rotation speed for when "light spin" is turned on
- Fixed various orthographic view bugs
- Added warning when loading invalid mesh group names
- Fixed Smart Material thumb minor offset bug
- Fixed metalness values for tempered steel Smart Materials
- Prevented rare memory leaks in 3DO
- Fixed bug where Arnold and Blender Cycles presets always exported maps as TIFF

Replies

• alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    alekseypindrus polycounter lvl 8
    Do you have a problem with installer stucked at downloading .NET Framework?
    Then use Quixel Suite 2.0.2 offline installer [without .NET 4.6 downloader].

But you will need to install .NET 4.6 on your machine manually if you don't have it already.

• Justinnd
    Offline / Send Message
    Justinnd polycounter lvl 8
    Awesome! Thanks for the hard work and support. :smile: 
  • defragger
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    Very good news!
    But where to download? Download on Quixel.se is 2.0.1
  • versan
    Offline / Send Message
    versan polycounter lvl 3
    No 2.0.2 available, it's 2.0.1 on Quixel.se. And link posted by alekseypindrus contain a Highrisk trojan (360 total security).
  • JinKazamaDor
    Offline / Send Message
    JinKazamaDor polycounter lvl 5
    So err... What's the verdict on this file?

It seems odd that the official site still has 2.0.1 and a forum has a newer file flagging up as a virus lol.

Hacked and sabotaging forum account or safe?

Please advise >.<;
  • defragger
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    I think we wait for official Quixel release.
    Downloading an installer from "http://d85clmw03d1co.cloudfront.net/.... is probably no good idea. :#
  • JinKazamaDor
    Offline / Send Message
    JinKazamaDor polycounter lvl 5
    Ah I just restart Quixel and the splash screen now says 2.0.2 hehe,
    It states it is a Patch, if I did not download the 2.0.1 patch will 2.0.2 include all the 2.0.1 contents?
    I know usually this isn't an issue but I want to make absolutely certain as I am paranoid and working on a project for University >.<

Huzzah! :)
  • Martin_H
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin_H polycounter lvl 6
    It no longer crashes straight away when I try to bake, good job!

I suggest you find a way to automatically handle the popups that are related to missing color profiles. Not only do they require a whole lot of confirmations from me to continue baking, but sometimes they don't get pushed to the front and it looks as if the bake froze when there is just a photohop popup behind the window that needs confirmation. Also the baking process seemed really slow, but it's hard to really compare because it handles the files I fed it very differently than the other program I made bakes with. I think an option to treat a single file as a single object and not create a single bake for every mesh group inside of it would be good. It might even be there and I have not seen it.
    It also seems hard to multitask while it's baking. The progress bar is always on top of other running programs and the mouse seemed laggy.

I'll check back for 2.05 or so. Keep up the great work!
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    defragger said:
    I think we wait for official Quixel release.
    Downloading an installer from "http://d85clmw03d1co.cloudfront.net/.... is probably no good idea. :#
    That's one of our download servers. There's nothing to worry about. :smile: 

Jinka: The 2.02 patch is just a patch - you'll need the earlier 2.01 for now!

Martin: If you'd like to let the developers know directly, please post on the Quixel Live Support group. :smile: If you don't use Facebook, I can forward it there for you!
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    • There wasn't 2.0.2 on quixel.se or updater because it wasn't pushed there at the moment.
    • There's a link in original post for 2.0.2 — just click on «Grab it here!»
    • My link is to official Quixel server, you can get the same link from Facebook group.
    • if you are really paranoid you can check from which server it will donwload if you'll use button on quixel.se
    For example, go to newly created http://quixel.se/download and hover your mouse over buttons ;)

versan, false positive result. Be prepared, you will get 'em a lot with something like 360.
    You can always check your files on https://www.virustotal.com/ to compare results.
  • repete
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Had a very hard time updating to 2.2 (weird)

For those of you having issues I did the below and it sorted it:

Download the quixel suite 2.0.2 offline installer.

uninstall the quixel suite using the quixel uninstaller and delete all registry entry's from quixel.

Update the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 via windows update and reboot.

Turn off or disable your anti virus.

Run the quixel suite 2.0.2 offline installer (run normally not as administrator)

After installation close the installer and do not run quixel.

Run quixel from the destop icon and your good to go.

I have no idea what you guys did to this installer but it's been throwing up this issue with ASP.NET and hangs the installer:

Updates to the IIS metabase were aborted because IIS is either not installed or is disabled on this machine. To configure ASP.NET to run in IIS, please install or enable IIS and re-register ASP.NET using aspnet_regiis.exe /i.     

Had zero issues with the 2.1 update !!

Cheers
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Repete: Thanks for posting that here so others know what to do! :smiley: In the future, if you come across issues like this, would you be okay with sharing them with the developers directly on the Quixel Live Support group?
  • Martin_H
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin_H polycounter lvl 6
    Martin: If you'd like to let the developers know directly, please post on the Quixel Live Support group. :smile: If you don't use Facebook, I can forward it there for you!
    [/quote]

Please do so, I don't use facebook. Thanks a lot!

@Repete: Thanks for sharing! Imho no legit software should ever require Antivirus software to be turned off. Let's hope they get this sorted out for 2.0.3. I didn't have any issues with the 2.0.2 offline installer. I just left everyting on default folders and installed straight over the old 2.0.0 version. I skipped 2.0.1, so maybe there is a chance that this is related to the issue you had with 2.0.2. Just a thought.

• repete
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Repete: Thanks for posting that here so others know what to do! :smiley: In the future, if you come across issues like this, would you be okay with sharing them with the developers directly on the Quixel Live Support group?

You would have to put a gun to my head to join facebook but your welcome to post it for me :)

@ Martin_H

Had no choice, just wanted to make sure noting was interfering with the install
  • genwu
    Offline / Send Message
    genwu polycounter lvl 7

I just updated to 2.02 and keep getting this everytime I try to load 3do. Any ideas?
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Genwu, you might wish to consider posting on the Quixel Live Support group. If you tag @Sameer there (Quixel's 3DO engineer), you'll be able to get his attention to get this fixed. :smile: 
  • genwu
    Offline / Send Message
    genwu polycounter lvl 7
    Great, will do - Thanks for the prompt response!
  • Mant1k0re
    Offline / Send Message
    Mant1k0re polycounter lvl 8
    Horrible luck with installing this update - patch one or offline. I will wait until Quixel figures out how to release a stable installer...
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Mant1k0re, it is stable for most of us out there. If you want Quixel «to release a stable installer» please consider providing additional details about your problem. Better to do that in Facebook group, you will get answers much quicker there.
  • defragger
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    can someone confirm that the airbrush painting option is now broken in 2.0.2 ?
    It is always active. Regardless of being switched on or off.
  • Skeyper
    Offline / Send Message
    Skeyper polycounter lvl 4
    Why this windw is so big? I can't pick anything. How i can fix it?
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Mant1k0re said:
    Horrible luck with installing this update - patch one or offline. I will wait until Quixel figures out how to release a stable installer...
    You might wish to consider posting on the Quixel Live Support group with any error messages that would explain what's happening for us. We'd like to assist you if you're willing! :smile: 

Defragger - if you're on 
    Quixel Live Support, you can tag @Sameer (our 3DO engineer) and let him know that the airbrush isn't functioning correctly. He'll take a look at it ASAP! :smiley: 
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Skeyper, as far as I can tell, you have a laptop with 1,366*768 resolution.
    You can resize that window (hover mouse at bottom right corner) but it will not help because you can't move it anywhere, am I right?

I saw a similar report on Facebook. Let's hope it will be fixed for the next release.
    Maybe default window size will be lowered. Or even better — you will be able to move that window not only using upper corner but right one too.
  • Mant1k0re
    Offline / Send Message
    Mant1k0re polycounter lvl 8
    Mant1k0re said:
    You might wish to consider posting on the Quixel Live Support group with any error messages that would explain what's happening for us. We'd like to assist you if you're willing! :smile: 

Defragger - if you're on Quixel Live Support, you can tag @Sameer (our 3DO engineer) and let him know that the airbrush isn't functioning correctly. He'll take a look at it ASAP! :smiley: 
    I would if I had any. When I click on Setup the windows becomes irresponsive and that's it. When I download the patch the windows becomes irresponsive upon hitting 100% and that's it. :/ I must have downloaded it 5 times.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Are you installing over 2.01?
  • Goobatastic
    Offline / Send Message
    Goobatastic polycounter lvl 8
    Still no reload maps option?
  • alekseypindrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Goobatastic, it was a bugfix release, no new features.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    The reimporter will make its triumphant return soon. We're working on it diligently! :smile: 
  • Skeyper
    Offline / Send Message
    Skeyper polycounter lvl 4
    Skeyper, as far as I can tell, you have a laptop with 1,366*768 resolution.
    You can resize that window (hover mouse at bottom right corner) but it will not help because you can't move it anywhere, am I right?

I saw a similar report on Facebook. Let's hope it will be fixed for the next release.
    Maybe default window size will be lowered. Or even better — you will be able to move that window not only using upper corner but right one too.
    Oh, it works! Thanks a lot!
  • GCRev
    The panning speed on the camera goes way down when I change the FOV slider when 3DO is painter for mode for any DDO mask or NDO. The camera also rolls and I don't know how to unroll the camera - some additional camera controls like a roll and a reset would be nice.
  • Synaesthesia
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Thank you for the reports, @GCRev - I'll send this off to the developers. Regarding rolling, you can use the turntable function of 3DO to unroll models, or simply close 3DO and reopen it to see if that fixes it!

I would ask that in the future, if you would kindly; please do not bump topics with replies that are not relevant to the topic. If you're having a particular issue, feel free to create a new thread on the subject. Cheers! :smile: 
This discussion has been closed.