Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Need help with Seams in 3DO

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ladygrace polycounter lvl 5
I have asked for help on facebook about seams showing in 3DO. I make all the edges hard edges in maya then i bake it in X-Normal using a cage from high poly to low poly then load them into Ndo. When i open 3DO is shows all of the seams. In other software like substance painter and Marmoset these seems dont show at all, yet they only show in 3DO and i have no clue why. I have spent 8 hours trying different things to get it to not show seems.
My Exports have the smoothing groups included in the export as well.

Now if i soften the edges the seams dont appear but i dont want any gradients on all of my normals.
is anyone able to help with this as i dont want to soften the edges as it adds the gradients and i really dont want to get 3ds max just to do the smoothing groups in it which was mentions as another way to do this.

This is the comparison:
http://imgur.com/V7Mv9zn

Any help would be grateful, as this is such a frustrating this to work out and is putting everything on hold until i can get it working correctly.

Files if needed:
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/3poNgFo4/file.html

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    What you're seeing in 3DO is a bug in the height map input. If you click on the Input tab of 3DO and zero out the height input, the seams you're referring to will go away. This particular bug only affects hard edges it would seem, so anything round should be okay. The new build coming shortly should fix this issue permanently. :smile: 

Sorry about the trouble!
  • Ladygrace
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ladygrace polycounter lvl 5
    What you're seeing in 3DO is a bug in the height map input. If you click on the Input tab of 3DO and zero out the height input, the seams you're referring to will go away. This particular bug only affects hard edges it would seem, so anything round should be okay. The new build coming shortly should fix this issue permanently. :smile: 

Sorry about the trouble!
    Thank you for your fast reply as this issue was driving me crazy as i thought it was my bakes and issues with maya its self. Thank you very much again :)
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    No worries, Ladygrace. That's what we're here for! In the future, if you'd like an even faster response, don't hesitate to tag me on Facebook. :smiley: