Home Marmoset

Gamma settings for Textures form Quixel Suite

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
Hi, new to Toolbag. I absolutely love it and don't know why I would render in my main app again :)

I'm having some difficulty with the texture settings  though. I'm using a normal Specular workflow and wanted to know if anyone had experience working with Textures from Quixel suite. 

The closest I can get it to look (like in the suite) is Albedo at sRGB and Spec, Gloss and Normla with sRGB off. But it's not quite right. Can anyone confirm what the settings should be?

Thanks. 

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There should be a Marmoset Toolbag 2 preset in Quixel Suite you can use. Typically, with a specular map you'll have sRGB on, while gloss should be linear space (sRGB off) and normal maps should always be linear.

The results are going to look a little different if you're looking at the assets with different lighting as well, if you want a perfect match you need to match the lighting up too.
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeh, lighting is matched. There is definitely some difference in the variation of eithe the spec or gloss, but I can't tell which. But at least I know I'm using the right gamma :)
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There may be some slight differences due to the way the other apps process the IBL data as well, from what I understand it's not quite the same as what we do. There may be slight variances in exactly how the shaders are written as well, and things like post effect settings can muddy the waters too. If you can post screenshots from both I can try to give more advice.
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I'm getting there thanks. I've been learning a lot more about shaders in the process :)