Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: 3DO Issues

Marc_Saubion
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Marc_Saubion polycounter lvl 2
Hi everyone. I'm a new user of the quixel suite, working on it since three to four weeks ago. I've had some issues with that I thought came from my inexperience or would be solved with 2.0 but I updated and can't find any solution.

I'm working on Unity 5 and need my gloss map to be on the alpha channel of my metalness. I've found this page explaining the export options but the interface is totally different now and I can't find this menu. Anyone know where it is? Also, does anyone have the adress of the current version documentation? All I can find is outdated.

For some reason, the cancel (ctrl+Z and ctrl+maj+Z) doesn't work. So if i need to edit a regular document on photoshop, I have to close everything and restart it.

My export files have a huge problem and look like the example below. Hopefully, I can still use the previews.
At some point, I could see the message "this layered photoshop file was not saved with a composite image" instead of gibberish. I found this might come from photoshop but if anyone have a solution...

About export target, there is a Unity 5 preset but it is missing the emissive map which I use: how do I create my own preset so i wouldn't have to correct it manually every time?

Also, when working, I some times end up with all my channels being doubled meaning I have two albedo, two metalness, two gloss... etc. This doesn't affect the output files but is confusing on the Ddo window.

Thanks in advance for you anwsers.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Marc!

My apologies for the delayed response! :smile: 

The user manual you linked at Quixel.se is actually for DDO Legacy, which is many versions behind our current software and even predates Quixel Suite itself! The documentation you're looking for is Quixel SUITE 2 Overview which is located at Quixel.se/learn - our new hub for tutorials, manuals, and everything we feel will help people learn the software! While in the SUITE 2 Overview page, you can search for "Exporting" to bring your browser directly to the exporter being used now. :smiley: 

The Suite can set Photoshop's undo values to 1 when you launch it. If that persists after closing the Suite and relaunching Photoshop by itself, you will need to open your Preferences > Performance tab and increase your history states to a value that you prefer. I would however caution you against expecting undo to work with DDO *.PSDs - each adjustment in DDO requires several different actions in Photoshop and would possibly cause issues with how the software performs with the DDO 
    *.PSDs.

In regards to 
    the message "this layered photoshop file was not saved with a composite image", what version of Photoshop are you currently using? This also applies to the duplicate DDO documents you're seeing.

In the very near future, you will be able to add custom maps to any project before you create the project. We're working on getting it back in - our apologies for the inconvenience! :smile: