Salary: negotiable, depending on experience
Antimatter Games is looking for a talented environment artist familiar with 3D pipelines, 3D asset modelling and Unreal 3/UDK to join the team in a permanent capacity. The role is based in our Falmouth, Cornwall office, and will involve working with our level design team and other artists to create visually exciting and impressive spaces for our games.
- Designing and implementing the visual appearance of maps from concept to execution, working with a gameplay level designer to create a cohesive and engaging play-space which is rich in detail and visual fidelity.
- Concept work for maps on a visual level, including using skills that help you communicate your vision to other members of the team.
- Creating key hard-surface assets and textures using 3DSMax (or Maya) and implementing them in-game.
- Identifying assets which are needed and creating briefs for other modellers, and helping to scope and plan work on environment art for titles.
- Working with other artists, and the lead artist, to make sure that all environment assets are consistent on a technical and artistic level.
- Optimising assets and maps to maximise game performance.
- Experience creating visually impressive spaces in major 3D game engines.
- Work on environment art in at least one published 3D title.
- Great modelling skills for hard surfaces – preferably using 3DSMax – and texturing, particularly with a realistic style;
- A strong understanding of the technical pipeline (and limitations) for assets used in modern game engines.
- Excellent eye for aesthetic style, colour, detail and visual/spatial storytelling.
- Good communication skills for collaborating with level designers and other artists.
- Strong understanding of how to maximise the technical elements of environmental design to increase visual fidelity.
- An understanding of shaders and how they are used in Unreal engine.
- Other technical skills related to environment art and visual asset creation, for example an understanding of particle effect creation pipelines, or 2D Art skills;
- A means for communicating your visual ideas effectively at the concept stage.
- Strong understanding of art pipelines and use of Unreal Engine 3 (or UDK).
About Antimatter Games
Based in Cornwall, Antimatter Games is a young, ambitious studio which was formed from the team that released 2013’s Rising Storm,which won PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’ Award. We have continued to support Rising Storm with publisher Tripwire Interactive, and have contributed to other titles including the acclaimed Killing Floor series. We’re currently developing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, which was announced at E3 2015.
AMG’s team members get benefits including living in a beautiful part of the country where costs are relatively low, flexible working arrangements to suit their needs, and a flat, collaborative structure for creative work. We’re also very keen to help staff develop, encouraging them to train whilst working and to always be learning from each other and through self-directed study.
Please include the following with your application:
- A CV of no more than two pages;
- A link to a portfolio of relevant modelling and environmental design work (please include any relevant technical details like poly/tri counts, UV layouts, drawcall totals, and so on so these can be assessed in a technical context).
- A covering letter outlining why you’d like to work at AMG and think you’re suited to the role.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the link provided.